Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Harvest Table Runner (in progress)

Well I finally did it! I dug out my sewing machine after neglecting it since at least June. I signed up for a class to make a fall table runner and after dropping off all the kids at school this morning I drove over to my lqs to rev up my machine. There was lots of prep work of cutting, ironing on, more cutting, putting little pie
ces together like a jigsaw puzzle and then finally ironing on the fusible bias. Well by then the class was over and I had to head home before the kids showed up. My poor machine didn't even get the power cord hooked up! boo-hoo!
But anyway I was happy with the results and now I get to do the same thing all over on the opposite end. And then maybe I can start it up! I learned some new things today and I'm really glad I took the class. Here's a picture of one end of the runner with some of the black bias tape ironed on. I still have lots of tape to iron on around all the little squares but I was assured it's a piece of cake to do after all the curves in the pumpkin.
So now that I know I can still properly handle a rotary cutter, ruler and all that stuff I will . . . for real . . . get on with my Hometown Christmas.

4 comments:

Kairle Oaks said...

I can't wait to see how this looks when it's finished. It feels good to get back at it, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

Looks great,Michele, Nice to learn something hew isn't it? Hsve fun now the kids are back in school and you have all day to play.

Kim said...

Wow! That looks really neat, Michele! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

Cathy said...

Great looking runner, Michele. Glad to hear you are getting back to the sewing. Hope you have more energy and feel better. Good looking family, too. My DH is younger than me, too. Hugs, Cathy