Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School


Well after panicking this morning that we wouldn't be ready in time . . . the kids had enough time to make it to the front step for their annual first day of school photo before we had to leave.

Then it was off to Starbucks for my morning out with a girlfriend. She talked me into trying this fancy caramel drink and I thoroughly enjoyed every sip of it! Uh oh . . . . she may have started something!!

The fun couldn't last all day as I had to get to the grocery store and get the mother load. At least I can now send the kids to school tomorrow with a proper lunch. can't wait to get my sewing machine out and get started sewing again but will probably have to wait a few more days. The laundry room is now calling my name.

My DH ended up spending several hours in emerg last night waiting to get his finger stitched up. He was working on the shingles on our cottage when he cut his finger quite badly with an exacto knife. The shingles are looking good though . . . (for the life of me I can't get a picture to appear here . . . every time I try it goes right to the top of the page . . . if anyone can help me please do!)

4 comments:

Pat said...

Cute back to school picture... but is that REALLY long sleeves they're wearing??? ;-)

Once you add your photo, if you click on it you should get a little pair of crossed arrows when you mouse over the photo. Just hold the mouse key down and drag the photo to where you want it. Even if it's right in the middle of some text, the text will move down and make room for the photo.

If it doesn't look like it went to the right place, click on the Posting tab, and then "Edit Posts". Hope this helps... love seeing photos!
Patty

Vicky said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Can't wait to hear your progress on Hometown Christmas!

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogland Michele, You did better than I did. I have yet to get a picture where I want it. Except for my picture in the right hand corner.

Kids look cute . Now you have some time to sew.

Erin said...

Love the photo of the first day of school, my children are in their 20's and 30's..sigh..but I have grandchildren..so enjoy them now!

Welcome to the blogging world too!
Hope your hubby is ok..those darn xacto knives!