Friday, December 7, 2007

I Finally Finished it!!!


After working on this rug for about a year and a half now I pulled my last loop today! Am I ever doing a happy dance right now! Although I LOVE this rug I was getting a little tired of working on it. Once I get it all bound I will hang it on a wall somewhere at our cottage.



So what's the first thing anyone would do after finishing a project . . . . plan the next one of course!! So below is the next rug I am going to hook. I have all the wool but I do have to wash it up first. This one is a bit smaller than the last one I did so it shouldn't take quite as long.





The last picture I'm posting is a picture of my kids (plus one extra) that I took after we finished decorating our MECCA tree at the Festival of Christmas Magic here in Fredericton. The festival raises money for a foundation that helps underpriveledged kids attend summer camp. My middle son was hanging around the gingerbread houses when a news crew happened to stop my and interviewed him, then they filmed he and his sister putting some decorations on our tree. His first television appearance was on the news later that evening. I of course taped it and have shown it to everyone who stops by.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful rug, Michele. I'm sure you are really glad to have it done. So on to the next one.

Really nice picture of your gang and how neat for the one to get interviewed. How did he do?

Kim said...

Oh, I LOVE your rug, Michele! Of course, I loved it when you were working on it. Any idea how Pammysue's doing with hers?

Kairle Oaks said...

Great job, Michele! Your rug looks so amazing!!!

What a fun Christmas tree! Do you decorate a tree for the festival every year?